The laboratories are an important part of IFE's research activities.
- The IFE Solar Cell Laboratory
- The IFE Solar Cell Laboratory houses a wide selection of equipment for processing and characterizing solar cells and solar cell materials. In addition to being the heart of the solar cell research activity at IFE, the laboratory is also used by collaborators from industry and research. The most sensitive processes are operated in a clean room environment. In the following, a brief overview of the process and characterization capabilities at IFE will be given. For more information, please contact us for more details.
- Thermoluminescence Dosimetry (TLD) Laboratory
- The Thermoluminescence Dosimetry (TLD) Laboratory offers personal and extremity dosimetry to IFE's employees and external customers.
- Tracer Analyses Laboratories
- The laboratories provide "state of the art"-methods for the determination of lowest concentrations of tracers in petroleum reservoir fluids. Several thousand tracer samples from reservoirs worldwide are prepared and analyzed in these laboratories every year. Beside these routine analyses, a continuous development of analytical methods for actual tracers and new tracer candidates is going on to provide "state of the art"-methods also in the future.
- Well Flow Loop
- IFE's Well Flow Loop is used for studying multiphase oil-water-gas flow in pipes with inclinations ranging from horizontal to vertical.