The Institute gives priority to major industry-driven projects in exploratory technology, production technology and development and operating technology. Activities are strongly market- and technologydriven.
Employees: 85 and turnover: 160 MNOK
IFE focuses on developing:
- Cost-efficient exploration and production technology.
- Trace element technology to map internal conditions in reservoirs.
- Geostatistic methods for analysing reservoir data.
- New computer tools to improve the design and operation of facilities for producing, transporting and refining oil and gas.
- An international centre of expertise on corrosion in oil and gas pipelines.
- Solutions for corrosion problems related to CO2 injection (storage) in oil and gas reservoirs