Safety Man- Technology- Organisation
Employees: 80 and turnover: 100 MNOK
The main goals of IFE's MTO safety research are to:
- Develop information and support systems for the energy and process industry for use by decision makers, operators and maintenance personnel; and
- Develop methods and technology for improving the reliability of safety-related computer systems, with particular emphasis on software.
Through research and experimentation, machines are adapted to prevent human error in the operation of complex processing facilities.
- focuses on the role of the operator in complex processing facilities, i.e. on the interaction between process, degree of automation and the operator.
- develops process control and surveillance systems, operator interface and real-time computer communication.
- develops operator support systems, alarm systems and procedures.
- encourages interdisciplinary involvement in industrial psychology, computer technology, process and instrumentation technology, as well as control room work.
- is involved in Virtual Reality technology for designing and evaluating control rooms, training simulators and maintenance planning system.