HVRC VRdose supports real-time calculation of shielding effects, doses, and relative contributions to dose by different isotopes, enabling the rapid evaluation of alternative protection optimisation or maintenance procedure scenarios. To support the user in interpreting the results of calculations, the VRdose Planner provides charts, graphs, and 3D radiation visualisation, updated immediately to reflect any changes to the modelled radiological condition, such as changing shielding materials, and human activities over time.
Overview of key features:
- Supports modelling of radiological conditions
- Supports real-time calculation of shielding effects, doses, and relative contributions to dose by different isotopes, enabling the rapid evaluation of alternative job scenarios
- Provides visualisation of potential hazards to support risk-informed decision making
- Supports users in following existing job planning procedures and fulfilling reporting requirements
- Can be interfaced with alternative dosimetry models and calculation codes in order to compare results or apply site-specific radiological modelling methods (and can also import sets of static dose maps)
VRdose supports multiple languages. The user interface (menus, buttons, labels, etc.) is currently available in English, US English, Norwegian and Russian.
Interfaces for Customisation, Integration, and Extension
The software is designed to support easy extension to support new functionality, and to integrate into existing information architectures. While the standard system uses an embedded SQL database, customisation of the software is possible through bilateral projects, to bridge to alternative data sources, in particular for plant geometry data or historical radiological data. A plugin application-programming interface is supported to enable the use of alternative radiation/dose calculators to those provided by us.