Zero Emission Gas Power Plant (ZEG) – Verification of process design in laboratory scale (2006-2007)
Project duration: 01.06.2006 – 30.11.2007
Budget: 7.8 MNOK
Funding by: Research Council of Norway, Risavika Gas Center
Project leader: IFE
Partners: CMR, Prototech, Risavika Gas Center
The sub-objectives of the project are:
- To run the two processes simultaneously in different modes of the process sequence and find optimum operating conditions:
- H2-production from reformer reactor, feeding the SOFC with H2-rich fuel.
- Heating and calcinations using the SOFC output stream. The SOFC uses a H2 back-up feed stream.
- Cooling using a separate airline. The SOFC uses a H2 back-up feed stream.
- To identify and quantify heat losses and mechanical stress during the different operational modes.
- To run the process safely.
Testing will take place at the test centre in Risavika, Stavanger (RGS).