Gas composition analysis - Quantification of gas components
Examples of matrices we know well:
- Pressurised cylinders (undersea samples, test rig gas).
Mudgas boxes (drillcuttings, DCG)
- Isotubes or isojars
- Gas bags of different origins (minimum 50 mL gas)
- Pressurised exetainers (minimum 1 bar).
Gas inclusions in minerals
Components we quantify on demand:
- Dihydrogen sulfide
- Carbon Monoxide
- Carbon Dioxide
- Ethene (Ethylene)
- Propene (Propylene)
- Butanes: 1-Butene, iso-Butane (i-Butane) and normal-Butane (n-Butane)
- Pentanes: 1-Pentene, neo-Pentane, iso-Pentane (i-Pentane) and normal-Pentane (n-Pentane)
Capacity is 70 samples each day. The service can be extended to a full “fingerprint” analysis of the gas including stable isotope ratio of carbon and hydrogen on selected components.
The Stable Isotope Laboratory at Institute for Energy Technology (IFE) have 30 years of experience on samples related to oil and process industry. Our team of engineers and scientists provide a powerful mindforce locked on problems related to geology, chemistry and geochemistry.