Workshop on advanced methods for knowledge management, training and education for nuclear decommissioning
Apr 23, 2019
Apr 25, 2019
- Not decided
Based on the suggestions we received from the participants of our last large scale event (www.ife.no/hrpdecom2017), we are planning this event for 2019 following another in 2018 (www.ife.no/digidecom2018)
A growing shortage of skilled nuclear decommissioning specialists is foreseen in the upcoming decades, due to the rapidly increasing demand and low supply (resulting from social and political trends). The workshop will bring together a multidisciplinary group representing the professional community working on implementation and oversight of decommissioning for discussing opportunities and lessons learned from innovative methods for knowledge management, training and education in nuclear decommissioning.
The workshop aims at taking advantage of technologies like storytelling, serious games, 3D simulation, digital twin, and virtual/augmented reality allowing the participants to:
- Demonstrate technology, tools and methods
Software and tech support will be provided by IFE
Best demos will be rewarded!
- Share interesting technical solutions
Input will be provided for IFE beforehand
Technical demos will be prepared in groups
Selected demos will be rewarded!
- Become immersed in 3D interactive virtual decommissioning sites: explore site, control equipment e.g. robotic/remote equipment, …
- Be engaged in entertaining stories from our experience through serious gaming
- Participate in virtual/augmented tour of our facilities
Rewards may include a gift pack, 2 year license for the VRdose® tool (www.ife.no/vrdose_overview), exemption from registration fee…
- Organising committee (email@example.com): Joachim Bratteli, Espen Nystad, Jannicke Margrethe Neeb, Liv Hanne Brevig
- International advisors: Gloria Kwong (OECD NEA), Patrick Joseph O'Sullivan (IAEA), Vladimir Michal (IAEA), Ashok Ganesan (IAEA), Oszvald Glöckler (IAEA), Vladan Ljubenov (IAEA), Richard Reid (EPRI), John de Grosbois (indep. consultant)
- Chairman: István Szőke, Institute for Energy Technology, Norway