OECD-HRP/NKS workshop on Challenges and opportunities for improving nuclear decommissioning in HRP member and Nordic countries
Dec 06, 2018
Dec 07, 2018
- Hotel Scandic Lillehammer, Norway
This workshop is organised within the OECD Halden Reactor Project (www.ife.no/en/ife/halden/hrp/the-halden-reactor-project) and the Nordic Nuclear Safety Research Forum (www.nks.org/en/nksr/current_activities/nordec.htm). The workshop aims at bringing together a multidisciplinary group representing the professional community working on implementation and oversight of decommissioning for discussing opportunities and challenges for improving nuclear decommissioning in HRP member and Nordic countries. Special focus will be on bringing stakeholder organisations closer together through digitally enhanced innovative concepts. This workshop will also host the first meeting of a nuclear decommissioning advisory group to be launched by the OECD-HRP programme.
Examples for specific subjects to be addressed by the group:
- Collaborative development of guidance for practical application of regulation.
- Application of advanced information systems for demonstrating regulatory compliance.
- Joint development of case studies with digital support concepts.
- Establishing and testing digital experience based training methods.
- Joint development of e-Learning material for nuclear decommissioning.
- Interfacing big contractors with the regulators through digital safety demonstration methods.
- Collaborative testing of new decommissioning technologies using digital twins.
3-5 December: Within our series on “Digitalisation for nuclear decommissioning” an international workshop on Application of advanced plant information systems for nuclear decommissioning and life-cycle management will be held () at the same venue, providing the opportunity for interested participants to attend both events. (see also: www.ife.no/digidecom2019)
Organising committee: email@example.com
Chairman: I Szőke, Institute for Energy Technology, Norway