Arve Holt came to IFE in 2000 and has built up the institute’s solar cell processing laboratory and the solar cell characterization laboratory. Holt has been the head of the Solar Energy Department since it was founded in 2008. Present work is focusing on development of crystalline silicon solar cells in close cooperation with national and international industry R&D partners. Holt is coordinating a Nordic Centre of Excellence in Photovoltaics, he is project leader on several of the institute’s projects and he is presently supervising three PhD students. Holt has organized several international workshops on solar cells.
Arve Holt has a PhD from the University of Oslo, 1991, on the subject "On High Temperature Corrosion of Metals, i) Sulphate induced corrosion of iron ii) On the defect structure of Cr2O3”. After that, he has worked six years at the Centre for Material Science, University of Oslo, studying anodic materials and corrosion, among other things. Holt has developed Crystal Designer, a Mac-based software tool for studying crystal structures now used at more than 300 institutions and companies worldwide.
For a list of Holt’s recent publications, use search function at the bottom of the page.
Selected earlier academic and professional publications
- Holt, E. Ahlgren and F.W. Poulsen, "Synthesis, Defect Chemistry and Electrical Properties of Ti-doped NdCrO3", Proceedings of the Third International Symposium on Solid Oxide Fuel Cells, Edited by S.C. Singhal and H. Iwahara, High temperature materials and battery divisions, Proceedings Volume 93-4, page 562 - 571, The Electrochemical Society
- Holt and P.Kofstad, "Electrical conductivity and defectstructure of Cr2O3. I. High temperatures (>~1000 °C), Solid State Ionics 69 (1994) 127-136
- Holt and P.Kofstad, "Electrical conductivity and defectstructure of Cr2O3. II. Reduced temperatures (<~1000 °C), Solid State Ionics 69 (1994) 137-143
- Holt and P. Kofstad, "Electrical Properties and Defect Structure of Mg-doped Cr2O3", Solid State Ionics 100 (1997) 201
- Rune Bredesen, Laurence Beluze, Henrik Ræder, Christian Simon, Keith Redford, and Arve Holt. "Preparation and characterisation of oxygen selective membranes". In the Proceedings of the 5th Workshop of the European Science Foundation Network on Catalytic Membrane Reactors, October 16-17, 1997, Turnhout, Belgium, p.23-28.
- R. Bredesen, H. Raeder, C. Simon, A. Holt, Surface Exchange Kinetics and Bulk Diffusion in SrFe1.5-xCoxOz”. Proceedings of “Fifth International Conference on Inorganic Membranes”, June 22-26 1998, Nagoya, Japan, The Membrane Society of Japan, ”, 412-415
- Holt and P. Kofstad, " Electrical Conductivity of Cr2O3 doped with TiO2", Solid State Ionics 117 (1999) 151
- Arve Holt and Truls Norby, “Some Considerations of Non-Stoichiometric Materials for Use in Oxygen Separation Membranes”, IEA Workshop on "Materials and Mechanisms", January 10-13 1999, Wadahl, Norway, Edited by Kemal Nisancioglu
Other professional publications
- A. Holt, CrystalDesigner, A New Learning Tool in Crystallograpy, Proceeding of the European Crystallographic Meeting- ECM 16, 6-11 August 1995
- A.Holt, CrystalDesigner Developer Release 5, Released at the International Union of Crystallography XVII Congress and General Assembly in Seattle, August 10 - 15 1996
- A. Holt, CrystalDesigner 6.0, Released February 1997, http://www.crystaldesigner.no/
- Arve Holt, CrystalDesigner 7.0, Released January 2000, http://www.crystaldesigner.no/
- Research Director
- +47 482 07 541